There is nothing like having some healthy comfort food on the weekend. When I started eating the Oi way, I was determined to figure out how to make a pancake that actually tastes like a pancake! Well this is it! When I make these I get excited as soon as I pull out the first ingredient. It totally takes me back to being a kid and my Mom making pancakes for me. The best thing for when I am eating with these kind of ingredients is to use a big square of butter to melt on top and a small amount of maple syrup to mix into the melted butter... That simple addition tricks my brain to thinking I am eating a bunch of syrup on my pancakes!
1 cup coconut milk
1 drop of stevia glycerite
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup unflavored protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Place all wet ingredients in blender and stir.
2. Add dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together, then add slowly to blender.
3. Heat up a skillet and spray with coconut oil.
4. Put a large spoonful of pancake mixture on skillet.
5. Let cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
6. Slather on the butter and put a drizzle of maple syrup! ENJOY!!!
Not a fan of butter and syrup on pancakes? Try these options:
-Sliced strawberries and an optional drizzle of honey