The Perfect Oi Cookie
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, palm shortening or unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) coconut sugar
- 2 tsp stevia glycerite
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons (98 grams) natural cashew butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature (or 1 chia egg)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat together the fat and sugar at medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. If you use coconut oil, it may not come together easily. If that's the case, use your hands to combine it and then beat another 20 seconds.
- Beat in the cashew butter and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined. Beat in the egg on low and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in raisins and pecans. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet. They'll be very soft but will continue to cook as they sit on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in freezer. That way you can have one crispy cookie at a time!