I have to admit I have a crazy sweet tooth! One of my favorite pies is Coconut Cream Pie. So true to being the "out of the box me" I set out on my mission to make a sugar free Coconut Cream Pie type dessert. First thing I do is do a Google search to get an idea of the base of the custard I am attempting to make. I am wired very differently when it comes to re-making a recipe. I look for shortcuts on how to get to the finished product so I can do it quickly and easy.
When the final dessert was done it had the perfect consistency to Coconut Cream Pie! No crust, no worries! I really am blessed to just have a treat that tastes that I loaded it with a bunch of sugar! And haha, there is no sugar in it!
This dessert is super easy to make!
- 1 can full fat Coconut milk
- 2 droppers of Coconut flavored Stevia
- 1 dropper of Vanilla Stevia
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol (I use Swerve)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
1. Place a saucepan on the stove. Turn heat on medium. Add the first 6 ingredients and heat up. Allow the mixture to get to almost a boiling point. You want it to be really hot.
2. Put eggs in blender and turn on lowest setting. Pour in the gelatin to mix.
3. Put hot coconut mixture from saucepan into measuring cup. Then slowly drizzle into blender with lowest setting on. This will allow the eggs to temper and cook without being scrambled!
4. Pour into individual ramekins or a fun glass. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
FOR A FULL FLAVOR KICK!
- Toast some unsweetened coconut flakes and sliced almonds and sprinkle over top.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a handful of unsweetened coconut in a sealable sandwich bag.
- Sprinkle a tiny pinch of salt over and place 2 drops coconut flavored Stevia on the inside of the sandwich bag.
- Shake the bag to cover the coconut with Stevia. (TRUST ME - this step is so worth it! This gives the coconut a sweet flavor!) Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread coconuts and almonds thinly on baking sheet.
- Place in oven. Watch carefully. The coconut will toast in 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle over top.